Friday, October 24, 2014

My Skincare & Makeup Journey- How I Got Started!

Sorry for being on a long hiatus this week as I was busy working for an event, 
& had a more severe writers' block recently. 
But I am finally back to blogging, 
and I've decided to do something a little more personal.
& that is a brief blog post on WHY & HOW I got started on this incredible journey.

To my readers who have been constantly reading my blog, 
you would know that this blog was never a Beauty, Fashion or Lifestyle blog.
It has always been a more personal one just for my own memory keepsake. 
But about 6 months ago, I stumbled onto watching beauty channels on Youtube.
& that was how I got started!
I was watching US, UK & AUS beauty bloggers on Youtube, 
and I subscribed to many of them..
Michelle Phan was the 1st Beauty channel that I watched, but that was many years ago.
Then I started watching Shaaanxo, Tanya Burr, Zoella, Vivianna Does Makeup, Lily Pebbles etc.
& somehow their content sparked interest in me. 

I started buying more makeup, more skincare..
& eventually I was well educated of the different steps in a skincare routine, 
the reasons behind each product used..
The different classifications of lipsticks- Matte, Satin, Glossy, Creamy etc.
It was like going back to school & learning things everyday, but much more enjoyable!

This is a sneak peek of how my makeup & skincare collection grew!
Hell, I even started hoarding shower gels, lotions etc. 

This was my original makeup collection. 
Just the basic stuff. 
Nothing fancy, and I was just using CC Creams at that time. 

 A gift from my aunt for my 23rd birthday.
Other than this, I had only the Naked 2 palette eyeshadow. 

& then, the evil addiction begins..

Believe it or not, this were my first few lipsticks. 
Apart from random drugstore ones that I had that were around for too long..

 DFS Loots!



 & my first full set of brushes from Sigma!
They were really an expensive investment..
& I remembered how long I thought about getting the set, 
which I eventually only bought it when Luxola was having a 10 or 15% discount!

 IOPE Lipstick, bought cos the actress in "Love from Another Star" wore it in the drama.

 & my first ever beauty wishlist!! 
*I have finally bought all of the products in the picture.
The last product I purchased was the Toofaced Chocolate palette from Beautybay,com last week.

& the addiction continues..






& this was one of the worst!





I bought this many products from Sephora during their April 20% discount sale!
*If you do not know, you have 2 more days for the last 20% sale at Sephora, of this year!!*






& I even started buying makeup from overseas website like ASOS, Beautybay, Beauty.com
Tarte, Lightning Whiteneing etc. 

 I even shopped like a mad woman overseas, while in Europe!

Part of Dubai & Rome's Dutyfree loots.

& I am finally proud to say, I am a hoarder. 
Yes.
I have too much skincare & makeup..
Too much for my own good.

But,
Everyone has something they love to collect.
Some love their accessories, branded bags, or shoes etc.
While I just love my makeup & skincare. 
& they make me prettier, which is always an added bonus!

So here I am, sharing with you my latest collection.
Or part thereof. 













So you might ask, "Where do you see yourself in years to come?"

Well, I have always wanted to be a fashion, beauty or lifestyle contributor to publications, 
like magazines etc.
I would love to have a career related to the social media, marketing and beauty industry.
I want to try out the latest products, review them & give my two cents' worth. 

& with all of that, I am willing to start small.

I was lucky enough to be approached by The Body Shop to review their new product "Instablur". 
Where my review was used for their product launch, & it was even on Urban on The Straits Times!


I was signed on by The Influencer Network as their Beauty Blogger shortly after. 
& I will be on the judge panel for Luxola Beauty Awards. 

Though I am not famous, & do not wish to be..
I still love my job & its perks. 

So for my readers, do what you love.
Only then, would it never be a chore..
Pursue what you love no matter how many obstacles are placed before you. 
Cos' one day, we will all succeed.. 


To end this, I would love to hear feedback on my work.
Be honest, be straightforward. 
I don't mind. 
Tell me what you would like to read about,
Product reviews? Makeup tutorials? What's new & hot in the industry?

Leave me a comment below, 
or better yet, feel free to email me at clarabeltan@gmail.com


Till my next post, 
xoxo @clarabeltan

2 comments:

  1. Love looking at all your beauty hauls! I've seen you at several events though we haven't officially met. Hope to see you at future events :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes pls!! Feel free to come say hi ((: I bet we will get along real well cos of our love for makeup and skincare etc. ((:

      Delete